Are you subscribing to tipster and get the tips via email? Then you might be interested in getting those bets tracked automatically in Bettin.gs.
What you need
- An email account where you receive your tips
- A Bettin.gs Pro account, to access an API key
- A Zapier Starter account, to be able tu use the apps we want
- An Email Parser By Zapier account
How it works
Basically, the process looks like this.
- You receive your tips in your inbox
- You forward the email to a separate Zapier email address
- Zapier extracts the data from the email
- Zapier sends the data to Bettin.gs
Let’s have a look at a real example. We’ll use an email from Quentin Franks Racing from Mars 10th, 2020.
- Create a Zapier account if you don’t have one. You need a Starter account to use the app we need to send data to Bettin.gs.
- Create a Email Parser By Zapier mailbox. This is where you should forward your emails. When your first email have been sent to that mailbox, start marking up the different parts of the email with the data you want to extract. This is done differently for each tipster based on the design of the email they send.
- In Zapier, now choose “Make a zap”. A “zap” is something you want to do if something happens. In our case: When we receive an email, extract the data from it and use it to register at new bet at Bettin.gs. Choose “Email Parser by Zapier” as the app and “New Email” as the trigger.
- Choose your account and mailbox and you should be able to find your email.
- Now we’re getting to the fun stuff. As the next step, choose Webhooks by Zapier and POST. Here you can select all the things you extracted from the email and add that to what you’re about to send to Bettin.gs. Exactly what should and could be sent to Bettin.gs is documented in the Bettin.gs API.
- Once you’ve added all parts, the last thing we need to do is to enter your Bettin.gs API key. It’s available on your Settings page, under API. Under “Headers” in your zap, add your bettings-api-key.
- You’re done! Once all the required fields are filled, you should be able to send a test to Bettin.gs and the bet should be registered in your account.
There are many ways to extract data from your emails and all tipsters are using their own format, so be prepared to do some trial and error to get things to work.
Now that you’ve understood the basics of how it could work, you should be able fo free up some of the time you use tracking your bets. Good luck!