If you’re a serious tipster, I’m sure you have a thought out strategy, an idea about if your losing or winning and what your strengths and weaknesses are. You probably have an idea of how how your money is spread at different bookmakers and what bookies are giving you the most in return.
But how do you really know?
There are many ways to keep track of your bets, be it in your memory, an old notebook or a complex Excel sheet – either way, if you really want to get better at sports betting, you really should keep track of at least the following:
- How much have I won/lost?
- What kind of bets am I making the most money from?
- What sports have been most successful?
- What leagues have been most successful?
- What tipsters should I keep backing?
- At what time am I making the most money?
Far, far from all tipsters are making money for real (the famous 3%), so make sure you are among those who do! Keeping track of your bets helps you understand why you are winning or losing.
There is only one way to improve in sports betting, and that is to learn from your, and others, history and to learn from history, you need to know it. Bettin.gs is here to help you learn from your and other tipsters bets so that we all can win more and make more money.
If you want to read what other tipsters have to say about this topic, check out these blog posts:
- Keep Track of your Betting Performance with an Excel Spreadsheet (Betstories)
- Six Reasons to Track Your Sports Bets (Bleacher Report)
- Tips to Winning at Sports Betting (Predictem)
- Bli en bättre spelare – del 4 (Oddsbloggen – in Swedish)